Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Goals

First I have to say that I have never though of any distant goals outside of the next 10 years. By this I mean that any goals after the next 10 years are heavily depend of my success in executing my relatively short term goals.

One personal goal of mine is to work abroad within a local government of a western African country. This is something I want to do as a learning experience because I ultimately would like to retire in west Africa. My goal is to either inter or volunteer and live in the country for at least a year to fully understand the social and political problems beyond what is published to the world. I plan on first attaining some work experience before looking for internship opportunities in west Africa.

Another goal of mine is to own a gym. I am not exactly sure when i intend on doing this, but I would like to have ownership of the local gym in my neighborhood. This more of a personal goal then a business goal because I do not intend to expand my ownership to other clubs, but rather to realize resonable profits while I enjoy the gym. Since I intend to spend the rest of my life being active and fit, I see owning a gym as both a pleasurable and profitable goal. For this goal, I intend on partnering with my friend and workout partner since he's a dedicated personal trainer and much more knowledgeable on how to run a gym.

One other personal goal of mine is to run a marathon. I have always hated running and have already made excuses to keep from staying committed to running long distance, so I would ideally want to reach this personal achievement by running the NYC marathon before i'm thirty. I saw before thirty because i want to give myself a due date to further force me to commit to it. I plan on taking three months to train by first running 2 miles every morning on the treadmill for about a month before dedication every weekend to running at least 10 miles. Then for the 2 weeks prior to the marathon, I will run every 2 miles every night to make me more conditioned for the marathon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment